Friday, February 19, 2010

Cookbooks and Detoxes Ahoy!

Hello, Internet.
I've been poking around a lot, but unfortunately it's all been cute baby animals, oddly specific signs, and internet memes. And not very much research.
So, for the past two days I fixed that, mostly.

Hello, people who read my blog!
I have some good news, and some bad news. I'll give the bad news first, so that we can work off of the good news and try to fix the bad things.

Bad News: I have not lost any weight, and I've had dreaded fast food a lot recently. Like 3 times a week. My school hasn't given me my refund yet for my Saturday class yet, so I've been flatter-than-a-pancake flat broke. The money issue and my lack of enthusiasm has contributed to my current weight.

Good News: I have a Detoxification plan relatively well mapped out, in such a fashion that when I get my paycheck tomorrow (Hooray!) I'll be able to follow through for the 2 weeks I feel would be best for the dietary change, and then gently shift into the Alton Brown Diota I talked about in my last post.
Also, I ate tofu for lunch. Baby steps, right? :)
Doubly also, I've got a basic theme for my cookbook all picked out, and I can't wait to start compiling all the recipes I'll need. I won't tell you guys just yet what I'm planning, but I will tell you I'm on a quest to learn how to make Sukiyaki, and real Ramen. (No, it's not an all Japanese cookbook, but good guess!)

So, what's my detox plan? Well, I'm going to take the idea of a breakfast fruit smoothie, and change it into an all-day food smoothie. It will have soy milk and fruit (maybe a few vegetable) juices, and will be supplemented by other foods, so that I'm not on a juice fast. While I'm doing my detox, I'm going to do my best to get my energy levels high, and sweat out all the icky stuff that's stored away. This means I have a goal of working out 2-3 times a week, and riding our new recumbent exercise bike 2-3 times a week, making for a total of at least 5 days a week of doing some kind of physical activity.
My mom and I also recently purchased pedometers, so I'm going to make a conscious effort to park as far away as I can, so that even those steps will be steps in the right direction. (See what I did there? Took a real life situation and made it into a metaphor.)

So, I'm happy and relatively confident that I can get this detox done, and I plan to do it for 10 to 14 days, and updating this little blog of mine will keep me honest, and it'll also be a good food diary so I can track my journey into the Land of Good and Healthy. :)

For now, I'm off to go look up breakfast replacement smoothies, and I'll let you all know my progress as soon as I can. It most definitely won't be another two weeks between posts. :P

So remember kids, don't ever do a juice fast, unless you want to lose muscle mass.
Diet smart and be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment